Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Packing for a C-section! Mommy, Daddy and Babies!


Hey everyone! I had to have a C-section and thought I would share what I packed for the c-section day! Also with twins depending on where you deliver you may be able to stay with them while they are in the NICU, so pack extra just in case.

  1. Loose fitting clothes - You want to bring loose fitting clothes to change into once you are able to get up and around. You don't want anything irritating your incision.
  2. Lots of underwear - You will want to get into the shower and just chill and also due to just having a c-section you will be bleeding and may bleed through a few pairs so bring extra.
  3. Pads or Poise underwear - I absolutely LOVED the underwear the hospital gave me to wear while I was bleeding, if you are not sure if they will give you any buy some Poise underwear. It will be so much easier to change and much more comfortable than pads.
  4. Camera - to be able to document everything that is going on. You will fill your phone camera really quick.
  5. Chargers - chargers for everything that you are wanting to bring. 
  6. Breast Pads and Lanolin - I personally like the Lansinoh brand but get whatever you like best.
  7. Bras - you may milk right through a few of them and it's always best to fill fresh.
  8. Bath time essentials - you will love to take your shower so make sure to bring shampoo, conditioner, anti-bacterial soap, and face wash.
  9. Slippers - much more comfortable than the hospital socks.
  10. Snacks - if there is something specific that you like make sure to bring it.
  11. Breast pump - I brought my own just so I would get used to it and know how to use it. Also wanted to know exactly which suction would be the most comfortable on my own pump. 
  12. Pillow - I like my own pillow, it's the only way I can fall asleep. 
  13. If you have a birth plan make sure to pack it also.
Daddy Pack bag
  1. Extra clothes -  not knowing how long mom and babies will stay make sure you pack enough. We lived close to the hospital it wasn't a huge problem if he didn't have enough clothes. 
  2. Charges
  3. Tablet
  4. Phone
  5. Shower items
Baby Pack bag
  1. Diaper bag - we didn't need it but we brought it to pack everything we needed
  2. Sleepers - bring extras because they may get them dirty
  3. Welcome home outfits
  4. Car seats
  5. Blankets


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment